The stainless-steel paring knife
splits my thumb where it
a tough tomato skin.
Blood comes to the air.
A paper towel
the blood drop
as a red dot.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Baby's First Philosophy Book!
- Six things I learned about Dunkirk, N.Y.
- 'My metaphors are all elephants': Palate-cleansers for the mind (Part 1 of 2)
- The Fuggers, and the Habsburgs' Non-Branching Family Tree
- Awkward pictures from a zoo
- Synchronized actions: From Pocket Page notebook #50
- 'Love is Fake News': Exquisite Corpse poems, Spring 2018
- 'Literary Capital of Alabama': Monroeville as Harper Lee's Maycomb, Part 2