I’m not a huge sports fan, but I do like this funny piece detailing abysmal quarterbacking performances, and I did enjoy this thoughtful piece by Chuck Klosterman (I’ve also enjoyed his essays in “Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs” and “Eating the Dinosaur”).
Top Posts & Pages
- Education: A process rather than a product
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- 'I'm an asshole,' sings Denis Leary
- Ta-Nehisi Coates's 'Between the World and Me'
- Dictionary indignancy, or paying for more meaning
- White people, huh? Privilege, normalcy, and racism
- The Old Man and 'The Old Man and the Sea': All stories are bullshit
- 'Beowulf at Breakfast': A poem
- 'Let's stay friends': Quotes of this day
- Lit like a lightning bug