I’m not a huge sports fan, but I do like this funny piece detailing abysmal quarterbacking performances, and I did enjoy this thoughtful piece by Chuck Klosterman (I’ve also enjoyed his essays in “Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs” and “Eating the Dinosaur”).
Top Posts & Pages
- 'Something brilliant and beautiful': A week's worth of notes
- 'Want a chipmunk, Christina?': Recent notes from my pocket pages
- "Oh, buddy, it's fantastic": This week in notes
- Why I Write, this Sunday Night
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- White people, huh? Privilege, normalcy, and racism
- Link: Paradoxical Nouns: Why is abbreviation such a long word?
- A philosophy of ghosts: How the scary unreal illuminates the real
- Chicago, up-close