Quimby’s: A very cool bookstore in Chicago. I’ve only been there once, a couple years ago, but the store had a very cool selection of zines and small-press publications. It’s a great place to find things I didn’t know I wanted, which is one of the most-fun aspects of visiting bookstores. (By the way, I’m not financially invested in or otherwise connected with, except as a customer, this store. I just like it and recommend it.)
Top Posts & Pages
- Education: A process rather than a product
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas to Overcome Crushing Loneliness
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Literary links: 'The Red Wheelbarrow,' and a definition of postmodern novel
- 'Time Closes One I': Erasures and rewrites of Rod McKuen's 'Lonesome Cities'
- Reverse theater-in-the-round
- Ta-Nehisi Coates's 'Between the World and Me'
- 'That's a damn story': Considering To Kill a Mockingbird after visiting Monroeville
- Release from a partial view: Notes and photos 18 Feb. to 30 March