I saw a car last week that carried a sticker reading “Civil War Re-enactor.” I wondered why we don’t yet have Cold War reenactors. What would they reenact: looking serious, making threats, catching spies? How about “War on Drugs” reenactors? Or is it too tough to reenact quasi-metaphorical wars?
Top Posts & Pages
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Most-Genius Posts
- Awkward pictures from a zoo
- 'I'm an asshole,' sings Denis Leary
- Ta-Nehisi Coates's 'Between the World and Me'
- 'Literary Capital of Alabama': Monroeville as Harper Lee's Maycomb, Part 2
- $6 for story, $10 for good story
- A Doctorate in Here and Now
- Writer's High: Are Writers Having Enough Fun?