1. Why high school rankings are meaningless and harmful. This article makes good points about systems used to rank high schools. Of course, the deeper question is whether it makes sense to talk about the quality of a school without using the cases of particular students in the classes of particular teachers.
4. On how our happiness changes with age. Author discusses how a young-adult’s sense of risk-seeking becomes the middle-ager’s risk-avoiding.
5. A point about how we’re all pretty much related as of a couple thousand years ago, geneaologically speaking.
6. Global warming news summary, including a link to an article rebutting deniers.
7. a. Apostrophes aren’t necessary.
7.c. Yet more apostrophes.