Links: 31 May 2013
Still catching up on links I’ve marked in recent weeks to share:
1. A Stephen Colbert graduation speech.
2. Dialect map of U.S. English speakers.
3. The highest-paid employee in most states is a college coach.
4. Obits of the “influential obscure”: Linear B interpreter.
5. A Wikipedia list of “literary techniques” — I’m not sure this list is (or could ever be) comprehensive, so long as writing stays creative, but it’s an intriguing list anyway–maybe because of the pointless Aristotelian effort to list such things.
6. A sketch made of slaves recently freed from Jefferson Davis’s plantation.
7. Accents in the Game of Thrones.
8. Memory in plants.
This entry was posted in Links
and tagged Colbert
, Colbert speech
, college coach
, Game of Thrones
, highest-paid state employee
, Jefferson Davis
, Linear B
, literary techniques
, plant memory
. Bookmark the permalink