1. This cool site — Kindred Britain — shows familial relations between thousands of famous Brits (and some others). It’s a little tricky to navigate, but very interesting for geneaology and history buffs.
2. The Assad family’s Instagram.
3. An argument that grandparents helped further civilization by using their hard-earned wisdom to help younger generations. (I wonder if this entirely holds true though when societies change and things that used to be commonly held beliefs now sound ignorant, or worse?)
4. How the N.S.A. weakens encryption schemes for much of online security. Sorta incredible, really.
5. Via The Dish, don’t write what you know.
6. Also via The Dish, a study suggests that one’s political passions undermine one’s ability to think logically.