1. What college would cost taxpayers if it were free for students. I’m starting to think lately that maybe no one should expect to profit from teaching people or healing people.
3. One explanation for middle-class decline: Even crap jobs paid better 50 years ago.
5. How some people follow the Bible literally, but selectively.
6. “Surprising benefits” of smog: A parody and/or a display of rhetorical exercise?
7. SNL’s “I wish it was Christmas today” (aka “Christmas time is here”).
11. “The Poem as ‘Thing‘”
12. From Brain Pickings: A list of the best psychology and philosophy books of ’13.
13. Andrew Sullivan says Fox News is anti-Christian.