This isn’t a warning that I often see as I drive around my Midwestern hamlet:This would seem to be always good advice whenever one encounters a large machine on the railroad (and good advice in a lot of situations, actually). And, yes, I’m sure there’s some technical usage here, but figuring out what that is would reduce my immature giggling about this. Here’s a larger picture:
Top Posts & Pages
- Baby's First Philosophy Book!
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Six things I learned about Dunkirk, N.Y.
- 'My metaphors are all elephants': Palate-cleansers for the mind (Part 1 of 2)
- The Fuggers, and the Habsburgs' Non-Branching Family Tree
- Awkward pictures from a zoo
- Synchronized actions: From Pocket Page notebook #50
- 'Love is Fake News': Exquisite Corpse poems, Spring 2018