I like to mispronounce those vanity plates that try to abbreviate messages in novel ways. But this plate’s attempt at “giddyup” — maybe? — seems much closer to a shout-out to French author Andre Gide, which might not be strange in a civilized city, but isn’t likely here in rural Illinois.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Most-Genius Posts
- Awkward pictures from a zoo
- 'I'm an asshole,' sings Denis Leary
- Ta-Nehisi Coates's 'Between the World and Me'
- 'Literary Capital of Alabama': Monroeville as Harper Lee's Maycomb, Part 2
- $6 for story, $10 for good story
- A Doctorate in Here and Now
- Writer's High: Are Writers Having Enough Fun?