A goldfinch landed just outside the door to my deck this morning. The tennis ball there is a little larger than regulation size (for scale), and the hazy areas are condensation on the door this humid morning. The goldfinch came a couple times to that spot but stayed away after my cat launched himself toward the bird from the indoor-side of the glass door.
Top Posts & Pages
- Education: A process rather than a product
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- I'm 2.7% 'Neanderthal': The language of evolution
- Six things I learned about Dunkirk, N.Y.
- 'An Undigested Bit of Beef': Pocket pages week in review
- 'I'm an asshole,' sings Denis Leary
- Awkward pictures from a zoo