I got a pamphlet in the mail about something called the Palm Beach Poetry Festival. An idea came to mind: Cut out one of the “Poetry” words and paste it into the middle of the paper, and then cut out other nouns and think of these as different types of poetry: sand poetry, Tim poetry, guest poetry, Q & A poetry, glance poetry. I don’t know what these types of poetry would be — whether written for an occasion (November 10, 2017 poetry) or for a situation (one-on-one poetry) or written at a place (lake poetry) or written about a place (road poetry) or written about a topic (nut poetry) or to be recited while using the thing (Amex poetry) — but I loved thinking of these things for the first time today.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Most-Genius Posts
- 'That's a damn story': Considering To Kill a Mockingbird after visiting Monroeville
- Education: A process rather than a product
- The Old Man and 'The Old Man and the Sea': All stories are bullshit
- Six things I learned about Dunkirk, N.Y.
- A philosophy of ghosts: How the scary unreal illuminates the real
- 'Love is Fake News': Exquisite Corpse poems, Spring 2018