Top Posts & Pages
- Fiction link: Very short stories by Lydia Davis
- Most-Genius Posts
- 'That's a damn story': Considering To Kill a Mockingbird after visiting Monroeville
- Education: A process rather than a product
- The Old Man and 'The Old Man and the Sea': All stories are bullshit
- Six things I learned about Dunkirk, N.Y.
- A philosophy of ghosts: How the scary unreal illuminates the real
- 'Love is Fake News': Exquisite Corpse poems, Spring 2018
Category Archives: ‘Teachings’ books
Credits: Idea on page 9 (“Invent an Opposite”) is from “The Pocket Muse“; idea on page 35 from Twyla Tharp’s book “The Creative Habit”; some photos on page 30 are from 21 June 2012 Oregon Republican Reporter (cow, bridge, old tractor), a White House, Black Market ad (lamp), 4 Sept. 2011 New York Times (Coco and Duke), 3 June 2012 Chicago Tribune (ice cream, spices, Pima, shoes, UI tattoo, ), and Elgin St. Edward’s newsletter (graph).