1. An AVClub inventory of some of the weirder SNL sketches. I in particular enjoyed the sloths video.
2. NPR story about making references in a fragmenting media.
3. A Slate article about dropped “r”s in certain speech.
4. A Slate article about the resilience in memory of things we experience in early adulthood.
5. An example of the maxim that we shape our tools, then our tools shape us — literally, in the case of our overbites.
6. In a New Yorker piece, an author is quoted as refusing to publicize her book:
I believe that books, once they are written, have no need of their authors. If they have something to say, they will sooner or later find readers; if not, they won’t.
an author who does publicity has accepted, “at least in theory, that the entire person, with all his experiences and his affections, is placed for sale along with the book.”